Thursday, December 25, 2008

It Was Perfect!

It was definitely worth the wait. Our Christmas this year was perfect. What Christmas should really be about. About family and the joys that come along with childhood. Yeah, Sammy still got way too many gifts, as usual, but he really appreciated all of them. And so did we. His reaction was more than we could have asked for.

It all started with a great Christmas Eve. My parents came over and we had an excellent dinner. We even made a gingerbread house before the night was over (I'll post pictures soon). Before Sammy went to bed, we made sure we put milk and cookies out for Santa. Sammy was super excited at this point and I was surprised that he went to sleep so quickly. I guess that's just how tired he was, he didn't even put up a fight.

In the morning, Sammy inspected the plate and glass. He made sure to point out that Santa left some of one of the cookies and some milk. We told him that Santa was in a hurry and had to leave some room in his tummy for the milk and cookies at the other houses ;) He then proceeded to open his presents, making sure to play with each one. We then continued exchanging gifts at my parents and Juan's parents houses, spending time with all the family throughout the day.

This truly was a perfect Christmas, and not because of any gift that was received or given, but because of the whole experience. I never thought that it could ever be more enjoyable than what it was when you were a kid. I've had some great gifts over the years, but this is the best one anyone could have ever given me. It's like I had the opportunity to see it all through a child's eyes again. I want to thank everyone that was a part of this special day and we are so glad to have you in our lives. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, I wish I could have seen his little face.

My dad used to write us a note as Santa that mom would read to us. It would flip us out thinking Santa had actually written to us. Dorks I know!

P.S.
I left his presents at moms I figured it was closer to you guys and thus easier for us to meet like that.

simply natalie said...

No more posts? What about his bday party? And the horse back riding!